Hello! Nice to see you, you’re looking awesome. Great shoes…
So, if you’ll indulge me, I’d like to introduce to you to ‘Brighton Craftaganza!!!’ It is the brain-baby of a collective of three creative Brighton-based ladies who share the desire to connect with other crafters in and around their city. They wish to create and build upon the established community of maker/sellers and aim to achieve this by organising regular craft markets in Brighton. Watch this space for updates on upcoming markets and how you can get involved as a visitor or seller. This very blog is also the place to ‘meet’ other crafters, find out what they’re up to and to share knowledge and inspiration across the spectrum of creative disciplines! So, just who are these ladies I speak of?!:
Lisa Lam is a lot of things, but probably most notable are that:
- she has (in the past) run her own craft market stall in Greenwich, London.
- she is founder of U-Handbag.com – an online store, which specialises in bag making supplies.
- she is author of the best selling craft book, “The Bag Making Bible”.
- she is a handbag and sewing pattern designer.
- she is a complete craft fiend.
- if her house were on fire one of the items she’d save would be her sewing machine – over her fave heels.
- her fave heels are peep toes in navy satin & turquoise polka dots – mmm!
- noodles are her favourite food.
Having recently moved to Brighton after a two year adventure in Barcelona, Zoe’s obsession with sewing clothes was most definitely not lost in transit. She is the author of ‘So, Zo…’ blog which documents her mission to produce her own garments as part of an exploration into a more self-sufficient, responsible and enjoyable life (whilst looking like a handmade retro hottie!). By day she makes and refashions clothes for Traidremade, and is the creator of challenges such as Me-Made-May, Self-Stitched-September and Stash Bustin’ by night.
Steph is a Sussex girl who’s lived in and around Brighton her whole life. She is super keen on crafts – especially sewing – and also likes to make Jewellery, Knit, Crochet and Felt. When she’s not crafting up a storm, she likes to make lots of mess in the kitchen instead, baking cakes, biscuits and even cooking the occasional savory dish 😉 She loves animals and has had cats, dogs and chickens since she was a little girl. Steph recently got engaged to a lovely man called Nik who is a great support to her crafting, bringing her lots of cups of tea as she sews away!
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more info on this exciting venture. xxx